What are the deliverables?
1. The strategic vision of the company
- Develop the vision of the capabilities that the company aim to possess
- Define the business value to be delivered by the architecture
- Obtain the approval for the program that deploys the architecture outlined
2. The business architecture
- Describe how to achieve the business goals and to respond to the strategic drivers
- Identify the roadmap towards the target architecture
- Maintain the architecture lifecycle, including the the IT landscape
3. The IT landscape
For the data, the applications, and the technologies:
- Describe the current landscape, the target architecture, and the migration plan
- During the implementation, ensure the compliance with the target architecture
How do we proceed?
1. Communicate with the stakeholders
- In meetings* to bring awareness
- In workshops* to document the current and target architecture
- In committees* to obtain the approval from the management
*: All activities can be organized online.
2. Use a standard language
ArchiMate® as standardized language to model the enterprise architecture
… with a professional tool
Sparx EA as tool to create and maintain the models of the enterprise architecture
3. Publish the documentation
See our recommendation for the Collaborative Solution:
What are the sources for our body of knowledge?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO), an the organization promotes worldwide proprietary, industrial, and commercial standards.
The Open Group, an industry consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives by developing open, vendor-neutral technology standards and certifications
The Object Management Group, an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium
The TM Forum, a global industry association for service providers and their suppliers in the telecommunications industry
The ISACA, an international professional association focused on IT governance.